overheard

eavesdropping for the technologically savvy

Monday, September 03, 2007

Yep, I am a slacker. But guess what? This is post number ONE HUNDRED! WOO!

So I was standing in the kitchen after dinner, conversing with Mr. Blue, and he (utilizing his talents to the max) bends the conversation to something veeerrrrry gross and disgusting, so I start singing AS LOUD AS I POSSIBLY CAN to drown him out (plus I can be extraordinarily loud when I want to be - seriously, you would wonder how that much sound can come out of a person my size). And our darling and totally insane cat Ella comes sprinting into the room, jumps up on a box, and starts rubbing on my leg. She loved it! I stopped for a moment and she was purring like crazy. What a total weirdo. And it was BAD singing, kids... singing of indeterminite key and terrible quality. All I was really going for was volume, but I guess that's all that matters to Ella.

I had some overheards but I lost them. One was about some lady talking about who invented salt, and one was some dude in the airport security line talking about how his aura is the color clear. Uhm... okay. Tell ya what, if I could do something like invent salt, I would be mucho rich!

So my friend jess is a domestic wonder, as you all may well know. And she and I are cooking up a Sarcastic Scrapbookers party where we will make all sorts of darling little creations that say stuff like "Shut up, bitch" and whatever else rude you might want to say using craft supplies. Sugary snacks and alcohol will also be invited. Stay tuned!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    I shall make you a pin to wear that says "crap" as well as a little pad of papers that say "you sir, arean idiot" It will be grand. look out relief society.
    OOOH! Should we name ourselves? That would be quacktastic!

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Kate Wall said…

    How about cards that just say "Bitch" on them? Those would be awesome!

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger j said…

    Oh, that WILL be grand! I will get a beret so I can pin the 'CRAP' button right on the front, and hand out 'idiot' flyers and 'bitch' cards to the deserving. (Note: we are going to need A LOT.)

    We should totally name ourselves! The first thing that came to mind is the Scissor Sisters, but they're a disco band in England. Hmm. Any other ideas?

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Seven of Two said…

    I think you should make up a fairly obvious name (Crafters Association of Outer Spamvania or something) and then translate (transliterate?) it into French. Everything sounds le classier en Francais! Then you could do little beret pins that say "le shut up" in swirly pseudo-French font.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home