overheard

eavesdropping for the technologically savvy

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My sister-in-law and I were at Nordstrom's over the weekend. As she was buying some shoes (those really cute ballet-slipper type ones), a couple came up to the counter to return some shoes.... some nasty-ass gold lame' platform shoes that had been bought TWO YEARS AGO! They - well, HE argued and argued with the salesperson while she just stood there looking dumb, and the poor people at Nordstrom's finally took 'em back just to get Crazy Man and Miss Toe Jam out of their store. Even if a pair of my shoes spontaneously combusted - if you've had them for two years (and have obviously been wearing them), you can't return them. Well, I guess you can, but I would be unbearably embarassed to even try. (Plus - exploding shoes! Cool!)

Goddamn insomnia!!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Sorry about the insomnia. As an old lady I can tell you it's all downhill from here. I'll actually be 30 and 1/2 years old on Friday.
    Anyway, EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW! Two years? WTF?

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just can't reconcile the idea of gold lame' platforms with the idea of the price Nordstrom's would probably charge for them.

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger j said…

    That's right... you and I are almost exactly 6 months apart. There's one thing I can do for insomnia - Benadryl, baby. Little pink pill, gimme some sleep!!!

    I can't reconcile the idea of those trashy-ass people being able to afford a pair of gold lame' platforms at Nordstrom's! Seriously, from where I was standing, I could see toe prints. Would you not actually DIE of embarassment first!?!??!

    the word verification says it all: ggapg!!!

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger The Poor Barn Mom said…

    Seriously!

    Remember when I worked in the shoe department at Mervyn's right after we graduated from high school? You would not BELIEVE the disgusting things people brought back. Someone actually brought in a pair of gloves so that we could handle them enough to throw the damn things away.

    Thank GOD those days are over. Now I just have to deal with...uh...bodily fluids and vomit.

    Sigh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home