overheard

eavesdropping for the technologically savvy

Sunday, June 05, 2005

We went to New York. And I wish I had a really discreet little spy camera, so I could post pictures of people I saw on the subway. Like the guy in the white wifebeater tank top with a bunch of gold chains and huge sunglasses, leaning back against the door like he was trying not to put his fist through the wall. But I suspect that taking pictures of strangers in the subway is a good way to get hurt, so you'll just have to imagine him.


New York City, Museum of Modern Art:

"You don't know art!!"
-huffy guy to his irritated girlfriend

There was also a woman wandering around with a photo cutout of herself and a kid... and taking pictures of it in front of various paintings. "Look, Stevie, here's us immersed in Jackson Pollack! And with Andy Warhol's soup cans!" Hmm, interesting idea, but it might work better in a photography exhibit.


Chicago Airport:

"Okay, you know the rules. Don't touch anything and keep your junk off the seat. "
-Biker Dad to his two little boys

(OK, I didn't overhear that one, my boyfriend did. I'm not about to go hopping gender lines in public bathrooms to catch this stuff!)


Also, the karaoke place we went to had a whole bunch of children's songs... we did 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' because we were tipsy and thought it was really funny.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger j said…

    Here is a comment. And oh, what a lovely comment it is.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger The Poor Barn Mom said…

    And yet another.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger The Poor Barn Mom said…

    We should do some karaoke soon.

     
  • At 12:35 AM, Blogger j said…

    OH, we would have such a ridiculously fun time doing karaoke!!! We must do this. It is on the list with henna tattoos, and mimosas. Hmm, your birthday's coming up, right??? Could combine all three into a fantastic birthday extravaganza! :D

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger zandperl said…

    You could get a cameraphone, that could enhance your stealth meter on the subway. Ooh, or just hire some ninjas!

    There's a Christine Lavin song called "Blind Dating Fun" with the lyrics:

    We're gazing at paintings I can not understand
    So I ask a whole lot of questions, but it turns out that he hates art
    He thought a museum was perfect place to meet
    I think it is a perfect place to part

    You need to tell me the Saga of the Lost Luggage one of these days.

    Meanwhile, I'm working on my own post about NYC and your visit. Give it a few days, but it'll include pictures. Sometime after that I'll get to the burning a photo CD... It may require a few hours on the phone with Apple Care though, since the burner keeps yakking out on jobs lately. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home