overheard

eavesdropping for the technologically savvy

Sunday, April 04, 2004

There are a lot of people quoted in this blog that I don't understand. People of all stripes say random and stupid things sometimes. But the thing I understand least of all is silence. There's a time and a place for it, sure. But I don't understand when someone who has called themselves a friend makes a 180-degree turn and walks right out of my life, with no explanation or probable cause. It's happened twice, and the thing that makes it so strange is that these people were friends - very close ones. I'd almost expect it if it were a romantic involvement (of course, I'm extremely acidic and expect only the worst from romance). I've only decided to not be friends with one person, ever, and I made sure that person knew exactly why. So while I have focused my blog around people who say bizarre and incomprehensible things, they truly pale in comparison with those who choose, at the most critical of times, to say absolutely nothing at all.

That being said, an overheard from my cousin, who totally rocks.

In the dressing room:

"Mom?"

("Yes?")

pause

"I have no boobs."

-girl trying on swimsuits, approx. 12 years old.

I feel your pain, sister, mine didn't come in until I was 20.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home