overheard

eavesdropping for the technologically savvy

Saturday, August 23, 2008

I need to make a list of Breakfast Friends - people who are willing to go get breakfast with me before 10am on a Saturday. This isn't really the place to do it, since no one who lives within 30 miles of me reads this blog. But it's an appropriate place to complain, nonetheless. So instead of getting pancakes this morning (I love pancakes, I love them SO MUCH, but they are kind of a pain in the ass to make) I had oatmeal, and read www.gofugyourself.com near to the point of blindness. The fact that it's a blog devoted to horrific fahion choices only hastens the detatchment of my retinas. I love the Fug Girls a LOT, because they write articles with titles like 'It's Time To Ogle The Hot Bodies Of Our Olympic Athletes', which is so true because it has been a two-week ab parade the likes of which a runway has never seen. Woohoo! There's been a lot of Olympic watching over the past few weeks, much of which has been cool. But I think all that's on this morning is diving (boring), volleyball (boring), and canoeing (boring), so I am BORED and writing nonsensical posts to my "overheard" blog while Nina treads repeatedly on my spleen, because dicking around on the computer sounds better than packing more boxes of my husband's crap, simply so he can go "Oh - Why did you pack that??" Um, because we're MOVING. Stop looking at me like I stabbed a puppy and hand me that Sharpie.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    It's because you want pancakes. I mean, they're good and all, but the only reason to get up before 10 on a Saturday is for Dunkie Donuts.
    OOoOoooh Dunkie alllgghhhmmmmhhh...
    I need a vanilla kreme so bad right now, you have no idea.

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Aitara said…

    where are you moving??

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Kate Wall said…

    I like breakfast. But I guesas I'm out since Saturdays suck from now until next summer for me. But there's this place in Scottsdale called The Original Pancake House (near the mall) and it is sooooooo good. They make potatoes that are better than mine - and that's hard to do. And the waffles and crepes, and pancakes with pecans in them....... I think I'm having a food orgasm just talking about it. I'll have to take you there one days soon.

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger The Poor Barn Mom said…

    Um, I know I'm late, but I want to go to breakfast!

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger j said…

    That's the great thing about breakfast. It can happen EVERY DAY! Corny, you just call me after your night shift, and we are ON. And Kate - wow - that place sounds amazing. When can we go??

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thats great thanks for the information its good to know...
    ___________________
    Susana
    Online Marketing of your brand

     

Post a Comment

<< Home