overheard

eavesdropping for the technologically savvy

Saturday, June 28, 2008

I sit next to the Grouchiest Guy Alive at work. (Is there a difference between being grouchy and grumpy? Grumpy seems a little more, I don't know, cute? And he's not cute. Anyway.) So the other day GGA was talking about how exercise makes you gain weight. I was expecting the usual (and true) statements about how muscle weighs more than fat, but no - GGA emphatically claims that exercise just makes you hungry and so you eat more and gain weight. Huh?

I guess there are some people out there who think that their quarter-mile of jogging entitles them to a biggie-sized triple cheeseburger value meal with a shake... but this is ridiculous.

Jess, thanks for the TMBG videos!! I'm going to be singing "There's Only One Everything" all day.

Oh, and I must post the adorableness that is Corn Child's daughter. Here's the text message I got yesterday from CC:

"We just got to the hotel and Horsey Girl opens the nightstand drawer, looks at the book inside and frowns. "Oh man, I thought maybe they left us a good book but it's the HOLY BIBLE!!""

heh... I hear ya, little sister. I'd prefer Harry Potter any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home