overheard

eavesdropping for the technologically savvy

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

I've been recruiting. And it's been good. Not only are self-tasing men now part of the mockery soup, so are the blazing stars of the collegiate sky (from an online conversation contributed by a great friend):

undergrad1: so which dorm you live in?
me: I don't live in a dorm, I live off campus.
UG1: party!!!
me: I picked a quiet complex, I'm a grad.
UG1: dude, why else would you live off campus but to party? that's the
whole reason for going to college.
UG2: wait, you mean you're a teacher?

But of course with infinitely worse spelling and grammar.


UG2 has clearly never heard of grad school. I wonder what thought process brought him/her to the grad = teacher point? UG1 is about a semester away from being kicked out and explaining to mom and dad that those thousands of dollars in tuition went to purchase a year of hearty kegging and a nasty STD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home