overheard

eavesdropping for the technologically savvy

Friday, November 04, 2005

It wasn't overheard, but at the airport I saw this lady accidentally body-check her 7-yr old son into a wall. Luggage can be hard to manage sometimes, so I understand. Also this conversation occurred:

Recently Body-Checked Child: Dad, do you like Rottweilers?
Dad: Well, no, not particularly:
RB-CC: Well, what about pretend Rottweilers?

The merits of pretend Rottweilers were then discussed. I think that's adorable, actually!


This website:

http://www.tinymixtapes.com/amg/

has some very cool stuff. basically, people submit theme ideas for mix tapes, and then other people put together songs on the themes. A sample theme:

"I bought Suave shampoo and used it once but refuse to anymore because it made me smell like your fabric softener, and I hate you."

and a list of relevant songs follows. Ah, I wish I were that creative.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:04 AM, Blogger Black Susan said…

    That website rules!

    I'm afraid this may be my sister. I have no way to tell except she sometimes doesn't swear and has been known to fall off her bike. Also that's her name. How many people have that name?

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger j said…

    I think you might be right! She does have an aversion to swearing, doesn't she? We'll have to construct a list of vague, seemingly-casual questions to try and figure it out (because it would be more fun than just coming out and asking, particularly if we are all drunk at the time).

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger The Poor Barn Mom said…

    Um, the Ditty-Bops? She likes the Ditty-Bops? Isn't that that annoyingly Disney-ed out group, or am I mistaken?

    Wait. That's the Doodlebops.
    http://www.dontpulltherope.com/doodlebops.asp

     
  • At 2:04 AM, Blogger Black Susan said…

    I certainly would go for the asking of vague questions. We could try this tomorrow. My friends from Colorado FedEx'ed me some mead. That rocks. And it will help with the partying.

    Also, I can't say I recognize even half the bands on that website. I chalk it up to not being hip enough. :) I did look at the Doodlebops. I think they'll give me nightmares. How do you play stringed instruments with those freaky gecko-fingered gloves? Creepy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home