overheard

eavesdropping for the technologically savvy

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Really good friends will:

1. Meet you for climbing.... at 5:30am....
2. Be beautifully patient as you take the wrongest road possible to the crag....
3. Keep their sense of humor and adventure as "30% chance of scattered showers" turns into "100% chance of unrelenting downpour" before the first bolt has been clipped....
4. Cheer for you out loud as you drive your Honda Civic like an SUV through rocky, soaking muddy terrain in previously mentioned downpour, trying to get the hell outta Dodge before the car sinks entirely and turns into an archaeology project for future civilizations...
5. Enjoy the unexpectedly hick roadside bar that you chose for lunch on the way back (solely because it had a buffalo on the sign)...
6. Actually agree to go climbing with you in the future!

I was fortunate to experience all six of those this weekend! I'm so lucky to have the good friends that I do.

So, for the three friends that read my blog: Zandperl, I miss climbing with you (although I'm sure you're glad you weren't there for this weekend's adventure)! Thanks for always being someone I can count on, no matter what. Corn Child, we've been through so much together... thanks for understanding and for letting me vent. Seven of Two, we've known each other since you were born! Thanks for being honest and for giving me new perspective (and an accordion). And all three of you make me laugh until it hurts... you're a rockin' trio of chicks that I'm so glad to have in my life!


PS - If you're a friend that reads my blog and I didn't include you, please forgive me! I only know if people are reading when they leave comments. Leave me a comment and I'll say something nice about you too!

7 Comments:

  • At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    kitten sue!!
    (i read your blog too :)..i just tend to lurk....

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger The Poor Barn Mom said…

    *cyberhugs*

    You rock, J.

    You know what I love best about our relationship? Drunk texting. For example, the most recent one I received:

    I do NOT bowl better when I'm drunk. Just thought you should know.

    xgzlrp

    Hee!

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger j said…

    my anonymous G.Sue!!! I miss you lots! Thanks for making the best cheesy-broccoli dip EVER, and for rocking out at Warped Tour and Mighty Mighty Bosstones!! And thanks for being my comfortable place to crash-land when I needed it the most. :)

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger j said…

    CORNCHILD!

    I love the "Happy Mew Year" drunk-text you sent.... wasn't that in June or something?? :)

    qnxmrh!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In July, J. sent me a text that read, "I am in an SUV in Utah . . . stuck in traffic . . . listening to smooth jazz . . . going to the airplane museum. Kill me now? PLEASE??"

    J., you definitely send the best text messages, drunken or not!

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger j said…

    God, if I had ever wanted a drink... it was then!!!

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger zandperl said…

    Man, now that I've got a new phone I've lost all the texts, drunken or not, that I'd gotten from you. I'm going to have to start things off anew by sending one tonight. ^_^

    I just found my climbing gear again. I haven't climbed since you left me babe, it's just not the same without you! Though the weather here today is even worse than what you described...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home