overheard

eavesdropping for the technologically savvy

Saturday, April 22, 2006

My cousin reminded me that I had a blog, and that I should post something in it. Luckily, I still have the shred of junk mail onto which I scribbled an astoundingly inane conversation that Mr. Blue and I heard at the coffee house. (Yes, he's officially Mr. Blue now... I've gone and made him an honest man.)

Most of these posts happen when someone says something dumb, and I happen to remember it. This was just a huge FLOOD of dumb, some of which I managed to scribble down until I got tired of writing (and listening). I think it's easiest to describe the conversants as those kind of people that find it necessary to smoke pot before 10am on a regular basis. (Just in case you did not ever go to NAU or any other hippie-centric school like I did, this group differs from the rest of the population in the amount of plaid worn at a given time, the focus placed on shaving and haircuts, and the length of the "maaaaaan" that is appended to each sentence.)

From this group of Aristotles:

"There is absence in the presence of absence..."
"That is absolute absence.... actually absolute is beyond the world."
"There are prophecies, and next-world powers... Nostradamus wasn't makin' that shit up.... it's just out of context." (maaan!)

It went on and on and on. Perhaps they were the reason the guy working the counter muttered:

"Ah... I hate people."

This outing provided one other gem, from a studious girl in front of us, explaining to her friend that:
"Bifocals are when one frame has a different prescription than the other."
Hopefully, she is not going into optometry.


You'd think that I would have bucketloads of amazing and stupid overheards from the wedding and related events, but I can't remember anything. It was all just wonderful and we loved every minute of it. There was a funny moment when, introducing a group of people to one another, I had to go back through and say "And you also know each other as Black Susan, Corn Child, Zandperl, and Seven of Two". That was kind of cool. :)

11 Comments:

  • At 1:05 AM, Blogger The Poor Barn Mom said…

    And I was very happy to finally meet Zandperl and Black Susan! LOL!

    Glad to see you back, J.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger zandperl said…

    Hahahahaha! That rocked! I knew Black Susan, though I'm always forgetting her real name. Though being me, Cornchild, I'm afraid I've already forgotten your face. And I don't think I did notice who Seven of Two was - does s/he comment often on your blog? I haven't noticed.... :-P

    Glad to see you're back too! I have photos on a CD, and they're in an addressed envelope, though I have yet to stamp on it. Stamp it. Take it to the post office to get appropriate postage.

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And she's back from the abyss! I missed your blogging, J! How was the wedding?

    ykogar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    An update! An update! And verily, there was much rejoicing in the land!

    "Ah, I hate people." fan-farking-tastic. :)

    In answer to Zandperl's question, I'm Blue's cousin. I was one of her bridesmaids (the hyper one with really long hair--as opposed to the hyper one with medium-length hair, who would be Corn Child.)

    We've all missed your bloggage, Blue, but gettiing hitched is reason enough to put blogging on the back burner for a few weeks.
    :)

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger zandperl said…

    Seven, I'm pretty sure I remember who Corn Child was now, and I *think* I know which of the other bridesmaids you were - I seem to recall that I never talked to one (maybe she was on the other end of the table at the rehearsal dinner, dark hair), and I'm guessing you're the other (brunette)?

    Oh, that reminds me some of the wedding photos are up here, but I've only got one of the bridesmaids. (If anyone doesn't want their photo public, I'd be glad to hide it, but there's no names on them and nothing identifying.)

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger zandperl said…

    There we go, now I've got photos of all the brides- and groomsmaids. Now someone sort this all out for me! :-P

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger The Poor Barn Mom said…

    Actually, zandy, you got two of the bridesmaids! I'm the one you got a full frontal (!!!) shot of, and Seven's the one you got a side shot of. :)

    J, you look so beautiful!

    I must say, your pics turned out a hell of a lot better than mine of the rehearsal dinner. J, I have some very *nice* pictures of you with food in your mouth. LOL!

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger The Poor Barn Mom said…

    Ok, I lied. I just figured out how to look at it as a slideshow. I'm the bridesmaid with the big grin on my face, the other one you got a frontal shot of is another friend. :)

    Der. Me not so good with the compuper.

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger The Poor Barn Mom said…

    Oh good gravy. We both have huge grins.

    Just take my word that I'm one of them.

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger j said…

    Yay! Hi guys! It is nice to be back. The wedding was awesome - it was exactly what we wanted! And there was much dancing and cake and dancing and fun and champagne. The pictures of the parents rocking out are especially funny. :) thanks for being such a good photog, Zandperl! BTW, we got your CD today and have added your pics to our massive iPhoto library. I love how you have the little squares that you click on for extra info!

    bnvubniv!!
    (that was hard to type)

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wait.........full frontal?! I need to go back and look at those pics again! LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home