overheard

eavesdropping for the technologically savvy

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

"Where did my pancake go?"
-Steve the Climbing Hippie, who misplaced his pancake while driving. The pancake in question was found at the end of the day, under the driver's seat.

"You got your seatbelts on? Good. I never use 'em."
-tow truck driver (not wearing seat belt)

The tow truck driver quoted here is the one that picked up us - and our smashed Civic! - after an accident on the I-10E on Monday. Everyone except the Civic is OK - I expect the car will be totalled. Pictures to follow!

And go figure: we mashed up my car on Monday night. Then, on Tuesday night, Mr. Blue calls from band practice to say "My car won't start!". The only car in our posession right now is a rental; a Chevy Cobalt with - get this - MANUAL door locks. How vintage! (How lame!) It's been a helluva week - hence, the two screwdrivers with dinner. Mmm, vanilla vodka and orange juice tastes just like a Creamsicle!



The door isn't open - that's just the way it's shaped now.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my god. I'm so glad that, if osmeone had to be seriously injured, it was your Civic and not either one of you guys.

    Your poor car! It looks all "Look at me! I'm all hurt and things! (whimper) But I'm still a badass shade of candy-apple red, baby!"

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger The Poor Barn Mom said…

    I expect that some time we this week we will actually connect instead of playing out our daily phone tag of six calls a day, but until that time...

    No! Not your cute little Civic! And in case I don't talk to you before I read your blog again (I'm here ALL day peoples) what the hell happened?!!!

    I'm so glad you're ok, what would I do without my other half?!

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger zandperl said…

    Ugh, I thought his car got jumped or something. Sucks.

    CC: In brief, they were in the HOV lane, there was a 5' long something in the road, Q swerved to the left to avoid it, swerved to avoid the barrier, lost control of the car, and a Cadillac Escalade (yes, an SUV) broadsided them.

    Gives that Dorks song "SUV" more meaning now...

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger j said…

    I'm so glad things happened the way they did. If we would've hit that thing, we would've popped a tire, and at ~70mph that would've sent us spinning in circles into traffic. And if we hadn't been t-boned, we would've sailed off into oncoming traffic, probably to be hit by someone who didn't have as much time to slow down!

    I do wish, however, that we had been hit by another Civic, or something with a little less MASS to add to the momentum transfer! :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home