overheard

eavesdropping for the technologically savvy

Monday, January 01, 2007

We went to Four Peaks for lunch, and the girl at the next table started talking to a friend about how she doesn't floss:

"Wow! I mean, I'm so impressed that you floss! I never floss. I always say I'm going to floss, but I never do."

The conversational topic didn't really catch on at her table - it's probably true that very few people floss on a regular basis, but discussing the lapses in one's own oral hygiene program over lunch is still a bit taboo. The funny thing is that I didn't hear anything else from that table the whole time - that girl was just really loud about her not-flossing!

Not much to say, just "Happy New Year!" to everybody! Now, I must go drink some more water.... calm, soothing, restorative water.... and perhaps something really bland to munch on... :)

8 Comments:

  • At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year, Kitten Sue!!

    <3
    GS

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh c'mon, the ole hair of the dog might work!

    -JRBcuz

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger The Poor Barn Mom said…

    Uh...wha?

    Happy New Year to you too! I'm finally able to look directly into light today....

    :)

    uguva!

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger j said…

    Hey GS! Happy New Year to you, too! {smooch!}

    Mmm, hair of the dog.... the dog was particularly yummy this year too (cosmos and white Russians!).

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Water . . . you mean . . *thinks* like coffee?

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger j said…

    I think that water is what coffee is before you put it in the machine. But I don't know for sure, because I always make Mr. Blue make the coffee. Which is slightly more emancipated than Mr. Blue making me make the coffee (which would not work because I actually DO NOT KNOW HOW [they did not cover that in Young Womens!]).

    Sad. Yes, I know. But I don't care. :)

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger zandperl said…

    Hah, were you arleady drunk when I called at 10pm your time? :-P We were up until at least 3am our time, so you could've called me back. Jeopardy was on, and they had a whole category on the Mars Rovers

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger j said…

    Nah! I didn't have anything very strong until after midnight (my time). :) People here were playing Guitar Hero from around 1am until about 3:30am! Good times.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home