overheard

eavesdropping for the technologically savvy

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I'm just cutting and pasting this from an e-mail I sent to seven-of-two and Corn Child, because I am too busy trying to keep my cat from consuming styrofoam peanuts. Why do I have styrofoam peanuts? Read on!

"We drove up after a long day at work and there was a package outside.
Strange, it's after the holidays and we didn't order anything. And I
can't think of a reason that someone would want to bomb our carport. I
got out of the car and inspected the box. Blue! With flowers on it!
And it says 'PajamaGram' on the side!! All of these things point to
fun and happiness. It's from my dad's brother, who didn't get to come
to the wedding, so I surmise that it's a belated wedding gift. Whee!

The 'PajamaGram' box says on the side "We all know how crazy,
fast-paced, and hectic the world can be, and we hope that this gift
brings you a bit of comfort and relaxation." Wow, that sounded damn
good to me, especially after my crazy, fast-paced, and hectic day. So
I opened the box.

It was a Bible and a Book of Mormon.

Did someone not get the memo that I *apostatized*? And that I married
a *Jew*? And that you don't have to BUY the Book of Mormon; you can
get it for free, and as I was a member for, oh, TWENTY FIVE YEARS that
I might already have a copy or twelve??"

Yeah. That's what happened today.

8 Comments:

  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    I wish we had gotten sweet gifts like that sent to us after the wedding.
    *sigh*
    I thought your dad didn't really participate anymore either. Did he get a pajama gram?

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger j said…

    You're right, dad quit a long time ago. I think his brother is either misinformed or deluded. You would've thought that the pics of our outdoor ceremony under the chuppah would've clued him in, but, whatever.

    Hah! Yeah, maybe I'll call and ask him. "Hey, dad, did you ever get a "Pajama Gram"?" Lame. I WANT MY PAJAMA GRAM!

    How's that baby of yours coming? I thought he was due this weekend, guess I was off by a few weeks!

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Due the 13th of Feb. He's just cooking, simmering, if you will. Ready to go, but too busy toying with my sciatic nerve to think about anything else. Don't worry, I'll be sure to send out some unflattering pics of myself once he's here. (as if there are any other kind of pictures taken after childbirth)

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Aitara said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Aitara said…

    i feel tacky, oh so tacky, i feel dim and witless and socially inept! and i pity any niece of mine tonight! la la la la la la-lala!

    sorry. no idea where that came from, it just popped into my head after reading this...

    kisses!
    GS

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger The Poor Barn Mom said…

    I still can't believe he had the balls to send you something that lame in disguise of being something awesome.

    Assmunch.

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger zandperl said…

    Aw man, no pajamas? Lame-O! I'm going to have to learn how to make some for you now. :) Give me a year or two...

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger j said…

    Will they say "Licensed Prostitute" in Japanese?? :)

    BTW, Q and I wore our scarves on the chilly cold Tucson camping trip, and they were wonderful. Thanks again!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home